- Band 5
- Flexible working - As and When
- Trust Wide
- 317 Trustwide
- £27,055 - £32,934 pro rata
- 23/01/2024 23:59
Newcastle Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is one of the busiest, largest and most successful teaching NHS foundation trusts in the country, with around 16,000 staff and an annual income of £1 billion.
Rated ‘Outstanding’ by the CQC for the second consecutive time in 2019, we have a long history of providing high quality care, clinical excellence, and innovation in medical research regionally, nationally and internationally.
We’re also proud to be the second largest provider of specialised services in the country. This means we support people with a range of rare and complex medical, surgical and neurological conditions, cancers and genetic orders.
Our staff oversee around 1.84 million patients ‘contacts’ each year, delivering high standards of healthcare.
We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and recognise the benefit in providing an inclusive environment. We value and respect the diversity of our employees and aim to recruit a workforce which reflects the communities we serve, and is equipped to deliver the best service to our patients. We welcome all applications irrespective of people’s race, disability, gender, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity and in particular those from under- represented groups.
Newcastle Hospitals are proud to be one of the exemplar organisations across the NHS on sustainability, with a long history of delivering Sustainable Healthcare in Newcastle (Shine) and the first healthcare organisation in the world to declare a climate emergency. Our strategy includes commitments to being Net Zero by 2030, for our direct carbon footprint, and Net Zero by 2040 for our footprint plus. Delivering these ambitions will not be possible without the help, support and action of every single member of our team.
Newcastle Hospitals is a CQC endorsed outstanding organisation with a local, national and international reputation for excellence. Are you a registered nurse or have you recently retired and wish to return into a flexible position? If so we are looking to recruit registered Staff Nurses to join our Staff Bank. In return we can offer valuable work opportunities/experience, opportunity to apply for NHS substantive employment, comprehensive training, NHS Pension contributions and accrued holiday pay.
Our bank service aims to supply appropriately skilled staff to cover temporary shortages across both acute and community settings. Joining the bank provides an excellent opportunity for those who wish to gain insight and experience into diverse areas and specialities while providing you with the flexibility to choose your own working hours – we welcome those who can work up to full time hours.
Main duties of the job
ROLLING ADVERT: We are looking for dedicated individuals to become part of our team of valued bank staff where you will play a crucial role in our ongoing service delivery within our outstanding organisation. IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY WORKING AT NEWCASTLE HOSPITALS, PLEASE CONTACT THE STAFF BANK OFFICE DIRECTLY FOR AN INTERNAL APPLICANTION
Working for our organisation
We are committed to improving the working lives of our staff and maintaining a healthy and efficient work force while providing excellent care to our patients. Listed below is a summary of the Trust terms and conditions of registration to the Staff Bank, and staff benefits available.
- All posts are subject to NHS pre-employment checks including occupational health clearance and DBS (where appropriate).
- All pay progression is conditional upon a positive outcome at annual appraisal.
- All successful candidates who require a DBS for the post they have been offered pay for their DBS certificate. The method of payment is a salary deduction from your first month’s pay. You will be required to sign a DBS payment form which will be issued to you as part of your recruitment process.
- All new employees will be required to attend the Trust induction programme and complete appropriate mandatory training requirements.
- Where professional registration is required for a post it is the responsibility of the employee to maintain their registration.
- The Trust operates a no smoking policy.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
To provide effective and efficient registered nurse support to various departments throughout the Trust as required ensuring that a high quality of patient care is delivered.
INTERVIEWS WILL BE HELD MONTHLY FOR RN POSITIONS FOR THE STAFF BANK
- • Registered Nurse (appropriate to branch)
- • NMC registration
- • Diploma/Degree in Nursing (completed or willingness to undertake) or equivalent experience
- • Evidence of achievements and career development in current post and of on-going professional development
- • Awareness of current relevant NHS policy context
- • Has understanding / experience of adult / child safeguarding
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Lindsey Gray
- Job title
- Staff Bank Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 0191 2826068
List all jobs in Nursing and Midwifery or all sectors